Struggling to find something for you or your child to read?
We have put together a list of some of the best books to foster a love of reading for KS2 students.
Not all of these books will be to every student’s taste, so we hope we’ve covered a range of long and short books, different topics and reading levels.
- Black Beauty, Anna Sewell
- Private Peaceful, Michael Morpurgo
- War Horse, Michael Morpurgo
- The Butterfly Lion, Michael Morpurgo
- The Chronicles of Narnia, C. S. Lewis
- Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy
- The Boy in the Dress, David Walliams
- Charlotte’s Webb, E. B. White
- Danny The Champion of the World, Roald Dahl
- Matilda, Roald Dahl
- Bridge to Terabithia, Katherine Peterson
- The Secret Garden, Francis Hodgson Burnett
- The Railway Children, E. Nesbitt
- Good Night Mister Tom, Michele Magorian
- Letters From the Lighthouse, Emma Carol
- Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carol
Waterstones have put together a selection of books that they recommend to children who struggle with reading for whatever reason.
Reading outside of lessons can really help with vocabulary, writing and comprehension skills and communication.