Finding something new to read that will support your development in school can be a bit of a challenge, so we at Bristol Achieve have put together a list of some of the best books to get you started.
All of these books have been chosen for this list because they have done something new or different for the type of book that they are. Maybe they were really popular on release, or part from a common trope in other, similar books. Either way, we hope that something on this list speaks to you and you’ll find something that you really enjoy!
- Paper Towns, John Green
- Animal Farm, George Orwell
- Holes, Louis Sacchar
- The Pearl, John Steinbeck
- Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein
- The Hobbit, J. R. R. Tolkein
- Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
- Coraline, Neil Gaiman
- Anne of Green Gables, L. M. Montgomery
- The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Treasure Island, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Dracula, Bram Stoker
- A Wizard of Earthsea, Ursula K. Le Guin